[texbirds] Resaca de la Palma Friday Afternoon

  • From: "Jade Rutledge" <Jade.Rutledge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 15:10:05 -0500

Great birding today at Resaca! There is water again throughout the
entire Resaca (including hunter's lane area) and the least grebes are
back! Also, lots of warblers on Ebony trail and Kiskadee trail near the
resacas. Today, in one hour we saw 11 warblers (Golden Winged, Canada,
Magnolia, Black and White, Black burnian, northern parula, cerulean
female, yellow, chestnut sided, and common yellowthroat). Remember, we
are also seeing the groove-billed ani regularly around the park. Here's
the list from the one hour I was able to get out there.

Remember, bird walk tomorrow (Saturday) at 8:30am!

Resaca de la Palma SP WBC (Brownsville) (LTC 048),

Cameron, US-TX May 3, 2013 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM

Protocol: Traveling

3.5 mile(s)

31 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  1