[texbirds] Request for sightings from Panhandle

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 06:34:50 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
So far as I can tell the Panhandle Birding Club - former compiling entity for
the Panhandle - is no longer up and running.  I have not received the monthly
compilations from the PBC for at least three-four months and am, consequently,
having a difficult time as an ABA compiler for the panhandle portion of my ABA
region.

I am asking folks who bird in the counties of The Panhandle Proper (a list is
provided below) to submit any noteworthy bird sightings from the August,
September, and October directly to me at terrverts@xxxxxxxxx so that I can
prepare the fall report for the ABA.  This would be a good practice for the
foreseeable future as I do not know when - or if - the Panhandle Birding Club
will become active again.

Counties of The Panhandle Proper: Dallam, Sherman, Hansford, Ochiltree,
Lipscomb, Hartley, Moore, Hutchinson, Roberts, Hemphill, Oldham, Potter,
Carson, Gray, Wheeler, Deaf Smith, Randall, Armstrong, Donley, Collingsworth,
Parmer, Castor, Swisher, Briscoe, Hall, and Childress.

If I do not receive reports from these counties directly, they will not make it
into the ABA report.

Thank you;
Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson
ABA/TOS Compiler,