[texbirds] Reported Lazuli and Lazuli x Indigo Hybrids at Hooks Woods, High Island

  • From: Steve Gross <sgross77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:52:43 -0500

Dave Dolan just called to report that at least one female Lazuli Bunting is
currently present at Hooks Woods, one of the TOS sanctuaries at High Island.

The bird, along with putative Lazuli x Indigos, was identified by some of the
Cornell crew, so please factor that into your take on the veracity of the
report.

I'll be there in the a.m. to find what's still around. I'll staff the gate at
Hooks Woods from 8-noon tomorrow and Sunday. Non-TOS members are asked to pay
$5 for access to our sanctuaries, and membership allows free access to all five
TOS properties.

If you're in the area, stop by, say hello, and join in the fantastic spring
birding along the coast.

Steve

Steve Gross
Past President, Texas Ornithological Society
Cell: 281-787-3888
sgross77@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.surfbirds.com/blog/peregrinations
www.vinesleuth.com/uncorkedEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at