[texbirds] Re: Reported Flamingo near Oyster creek and 523 in

  • From: "Nick Mirro" <nickmirro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 12:00:46 -0500

Is this not a gigantic thing?  I'm staring at this Canon 400mm handheld and
pacing back and forth in my Dallas cage.  Too bad we just got back from
Rockport and are land-bound for the near future.  Is this race for
documentation and epic photography not on?  Photos please!  Phoebes and I -
and I assume many others - are holding our breath : - )

Nick

From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Stenmead@xxxxxxx"
for DMARC)

Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 13:02:54 -0400 (EDT)

Subject: [texbirds] Reported Flamingo near Oyster creek and 523 in

A semi-birder friend who has seen and can describe the difference between a
Roseate Spoonbill and a Flamingo telephoned about an hours ago and reported
a  Flamingo flying near Oyster Creek near Hwy 523 in Brazoria County, just
northeast of Freeport.  He has seen the pair of flamingos in  the Rockport
area. He describes todays sighting :" there is just one  here, much bigger
than the little pink ones, it has with long, long legs  sticking out behind
it and is bright pink."

So if anyone is birding near  this area, you might be extra watchful  for
flying pink!

Stennie Meadours

San Leon