[texbirds] Reeve

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:11:26 -0700 (PDT)

I found the reeve at Skillern Tract close to the road, associating with
dowitchers, around
4:30. Unfortunately, as far as I know, only one other birder saw it, too. It
moves around
a lot and is often hidden by the grass. I do hope the others that showed up
later got
to see it.
Another great bird of the day was found by another birder who pointed it out to
me,
at Smith Oaks, a Brewster's Warbler.

Things were mostly slow all day until after 3 p.m. I got 11 warbler, 1 vireo
day, with
the most in numbers were blackpolls.

Carolyn Dill
Houston