[texbirds] Red-throated Loon at Balmorhea Lake

  • From: Eric Carpenter <ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 21:15:05 -0600

My wife Maggie and I ran across a juvenile/first-winter Red-throated
Loon early this afternoon (25 Dec) at Balmorhea Lake (Reeves County).
Driving south along the western edge of the lake as far as you can
drive before you hit the water channel/end of the road, the loon was
taking long dives on the outer edge (furthest away) of the reeds there
as you look over the lake almost to your northeast.

--
Eric Carpenter
Austin