[texbirds] Red-naped Sapsucker Deussen Park

  • From: Michael Cooper <michael20212@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 14:15:19 -0600

Surprised to find what I believe is another Harris County Red-naped
Sapsucker. Found at Alexander Deussen park. Bird was located in trees just
in front of the restroom closest to the boat ramp. The bird appears to be
an adult female. My experience with this bird is limited to the one seen at
Battleground, but everything appears right for red-naped. Bird was seen
today at 11:15. Any feedback appreciated.
Michael B Cooper
Kingwood, TX
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131644039@N02/