[texbirds] Red-naped Sapsucker Bentsen State Park

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:25:11 -0600

Tim Brush and I decided to to head out to Bentsen to get the sapsucker, and
got it within 10 minutes of getting to the resaca area - very cooperative
bird (handy way to get a lifer)!
Since that took so little time, we dropped by Anzalduas County Park on our
way home. In the park we saw a flock of American Goldfinches, House
Finches, an Eastern Bluebird, and a Zone-tailed Hawk which flew right
overhead. In the fields outside the entrance we had a group of American
Pipits to finish up the morning.

--
John Brush
Edinburg, Texas