[texbirds] Red-breasted Nuthatches and Golden-crowned Kinglets in Sugar Land

  • From: Greg Lavaty <greglavaty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

I spent some time this morning at Brazos Bend State Park and among the
typical winter birds at the park I observed several Red-breasted Nuthatches and
two Golden-crowned Kinglets.  Later in the day, I spent some time working in
the
yard and observed both of those species there as well as a Brown Creeper.

A few images can be seen here:
http://www.pbase.com/dadas115/new

Also at Brazos Bend I observed a Carolina with a very unusual looking beak:
http://www.pbase.com/dadas115/image/147072906

Greg Lavaty
http://www.texastargetbirds.com/
Sugar Land, TX