[texbirds] Re: Red Crossbills cont., Alpine Cemetery, 2Jan

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Matthew A. Young" <may6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:11:31 -0600

Of 26 individuals, I picked out 13 red males and 9 not-so-red birds,
so it's a pretty nice mix! Matt (York) will be sending the audio to
Matthew (Young) to confirm Type 2 ...or not. They did sound a bit more
terse than some other birds we've had, but they also had some other
little burbling notes. We observed them from less than 20 feet away
(10, at times!) so it was quite an experience.

Red Crossbills, not a bad way to start the year!

-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain