[texbirds] Red Crossbills - NO in pm. Marathon, Brewster Co. 16 Nov. 2012

  • From: Matthew York <mwayork@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:56:56 -0600

I just returned from the Marathon Cemetery after searching for an hour and
a half.  NO luck.  Sorry folks.  I look forward to the birders who are
coming out here this weekend and into Thanksgiving week.  It has been
interesting so far this fall, and who know what will turn up where?
As for Red Crossbills in Marathon/Marathon Cemetery and the wider area;
look up at the conifers.  The 5 birds I was fortunate enough to see
yesterday evening were actively foraging and moving around in the cemetery.
 Hopefully they are still around town.  For five crossbills there are
plenty of pine cones in this greater-metropolitan area.

Matt York
Marathon
Brewster Co.

--