[texbirds] Red Crossbills, FOF Western Bluebirds, Marathon, Brewster Co., 15 November 2012

  • From: Matthew York <mwayork@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 19:08:38 -0600

I had to take some time this late afternoon to walk off some Life.  By the
time the sun was going down I decided to stop by the Marathon Cemetery just
to check the cemetery-variety conifers for crossbills.  El Paso was
reported with them, Van Horn too..
As soon as I turned in there, a flock of Red Crossbills blew out of the
first two cypress that stand as sentinel guards on either side of the
entrance.  I followed them to a more central location in the cemetery.

FOF Western Bluebirds, too.  A male and female.

Here's a link:

http://www.bigbendnature.com/2012/11/red-crossbills-marathon-brewster-co.html

Matt York
Marathon