[texbirds] Red Crossbills

  • From: jgstudio@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 12:20:34 -0400 (EDT)

all. Across town from where I live, Barry Zimmer has photographed a couple of
flocks. This morning, I went out to my truck to get something and saw a flock
of about 20 fly up to the freeze-damaged pine across my back yard. I was able
to run in to the house and grab camera just before they flew. Guess the chow
from dead cones was not to their liking....

 John Groves
 El Paso

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: DSC00502cropped.jpg