[texbirds] Recordings of a fall E. Whip-poor-will in Utley posted to FB

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 00:44:10 -0500

Many, many thanks to Tony for making life simple for this poor clueless
soul...He was able to work my sound file out of the Whip-poor-will which is
the best recording of a fall bird I have ever been fortunate enough to
record here.  The animal was just outside my back door...So close in fact
that even in a dark kitchen I dared not approach that door for fear of
flushing it away ...So the recording was made from well inside thru the
door.  You may hear the hum of the fridge.
As I am not sure this species has ever been documented by song in the state
in the fall, I have submitted it appropriately to the TBRC.

  Here is a link to the recording...I hope this works as it was posted by
Tony to my FB page ( I don't know how the heck he did that either)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103766732804144&set=p.10103766732804144&type=2&theater

In addition I have had Barn Owls screeching over the cabin tonight and as
well seven Imperial Moths at least...One now is virtually on my arm as I
type this.  An Ovenbird today was for me a decent find as well.

I hope the link works for you.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/