[texbirds] Radar Truthing in the afternoon

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 17:08:35 -0500

John's reports from time to time...There was a fairly good number of
migrants in POC this morning then they sort of vanished...A good 18-20 mile
wind off the bay to the east picked up and I noticed a N. Parula had struck
the window (survived it)...The number of hummingbirds increased thru the
day so I went for a short "verification" of what was going on in two little
cospes of live oaks that rarely lie...No intention of doing any real
birding ...Just wanted to check and sure enough they were holding a pretty
much collection of birds with a lot of little warbler songs and chips.  One
thing that really struck me a very marked increase in Eastern Kingbirds
scattered around at various locations.  Like I said I was not intending to
bird so added only one new for the day and year...A single Worm-eating
Warbler....So apparently at least a reasonable amount of birds are settling
down at landfall at least here.  I suspect there will be additional make it
in by morning.  Anything happening in Corpus?
Brush
Port O'Connor