[texbirds] RFI - Stormbird opinion from the texperts

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:
I accidentally posted this without a subject line earlier - am reposting.

I realize that this is probably a long shot but I am wondering if any of
our weather-and-bird experts have anything to say about the possibility
that some kind of interesting bird could show up in Texas as a result of
Hurricane Sandy.  I realize the the east coast is a long ways away but
with effects felt as far inland as The Great Lakes one can't help but
wonder if something might attempt an escape from somewhere inland via
Texas.

In other words do any of the texperts think it at all likely that folk
might stumble across an oddball waterfowl, tubenose, shorebird, gull,
tern, swift, or swallow - somewhere in Texas - as a result of this
incredible storm?

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock