[texbirds] RFI - Hill Country Chuck-wills-widow

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:20:38 -0500

Hello texbirders,
Does anyone have an excellent spot in the Hill Country for
Chuck-will's-widow at dusk?  Perhaps Neal's Lodges or Lost Maples?  Or is
literally anywhere at dusk equally likely?

My dad is visiting this weekend and I'm trying to come up with a crazy
itinerary that will get us Chuck-will's-widow, Black-capped Vireo, Tropical
Parula, and Golden-cheeked Warbler in the span of a single afternoons
birding.  Initial thinking is Neal's Lodges first for the Tropical Parula
since it sings mid-day (it was when I saw it anyways), then Lost Maples for
the Vireo and Warbler, waiting at dusk along the creek for Chuck's to fly
over.

All input is most welcome!

Graham Floyd,
San Antonio, TX