[texbirds] RFI East Texas

  • From: "Caleb Frome" <birder4lifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:16:07 -0500

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to East Texas this week to get a few target birds that
have evaded me.  Specifically, I'm looking for Swainson's Warbler, Bachman's
Sparrow, Wood Thrush, and (if possible) Eastern Whip-poor-will.  Does anyone
know of any reliable locations for any of these birds?  I would prefer spots
closer to Dallas if possible :-)

I've heard Boykin Springs is good for several of these but it's pretty far.
Does the Red Slough area (SE Oklahoma) still have breeding Swanson's
Warblers?

Thanks and good birding!

Caleb Frome

TX Century Club Youth Member