[texbirds] Re: RFI: Black Rail

  • From: "John Arvin" <jarvin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "doefamily@xxxxxxx" <doefamily@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 11:44:34 -0600

Bob,
It is late for this season but contact Jennifer Wilson, refuge biologist
for the Texas Midcoast NWR complex. She and volunteers (which have included
myself on a couple of occasions) catch and band both Black and Yellow Rails
on the middle Texas coast, usually in Jan. - Feb. I think they have a
Black/Yellow Rail marsh buggy ride in conjunction with their Migration
Celebration event in April; contact the refuge for information. The
celebration is headquartered at the San Bernard NWR.
John C. Arvin
Research Associate
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
103 West Hwy 332