[texbirds] RFI: Balcones Canyonlands NWR birding

  • From: andrew melnykovych <estiles74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 12:07:30 -0400

Hi-
Apologies if this went through before, but I didn't see it in archives, so
here we go again....

While I am in Texas in mid-July, I plan to spend a morning in in Balcones
Canyonlands NWR. (will be basically stuck in downtown Dallas otherwise)

My question is as follows: I intend to be in the field at sunrise. To
maximize my chances, should I start at the Shin Oak area and then go
through Doeskin Ranch to Warbler Vista, or do it in the opposite direction?

My primary target birds are Golden-cheeked Warbler and Black-capped Vireo
(and Black-crested Titmouse, which ought to be relatively easy no matter
which direction I go). Also will be looking for Golden-fronted Woodpecker.

Any and all advice much appreciated. Off-list to estiles74@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Andrew M., Kentucky