[texbirds] RFI: Attwater Prairie Chicken location

  • From: Janet Rathjen <j.rathjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:20:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I have been seeing ebird alerts from people seeing Attwater Prairie Chickens at
Attwater Prairie Chicken NWR, but none of the reports I have seen include
direction about where on the refuge the birds are being seen.  I don't know if
the information was posted somewhere and I missed it, but could someone please
send me directions on where to find these birds. They would be lifers for me.

Thanks,

Janet Rathjen
Houston, TX

PS.   I need detailed directions since all the maps I can find of the refuge do
not include road names.