[texbirds] RFI: Abilene birding spots

  • From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:50:43 -0500

I plan to bird for a morning in Abilene next week, en route to Lubbock. The
spots that have been suggested to me as productive and not too far off I-20
are the Abilene Wastewater Treatment Plant, Kirby Lake, Cedar Gap Farm and
Seabee Park, all of which are well described on the local Audubon Society
website. Ebird reports are fairly sparse. I would appreciate any input on
how productive these locations have been recently, and if water levels are
suitable for shorebirds and/or waterfowl at the Treatment Plant and Kirby
Lake. I have no target species but am interested in seeing shorebirds,
ducks and passerine migrants, as well as typical western birds. Thanks for
your help.

Peter Barnes
Tyler