[texbirds] RFI: Abilene birding

  • From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:09:38 -0500

I am going to be birding in Abilene this Saturday. I plan to visit Kirby
Lake and would be interested in any advice on productive locations to go to
see a variety of typical summer residents and spring migrants. I have
looked at the Big Country Audubon website but don't see recent ebird
sightings from their suggested locations, other than Kirby Lake. Most of
the sightings on ebird are near a residence off Clark Rd in south Abilene.
If anyone has suggestions on places to go, and whether Abilene State Park
or Will Hair Park are productive, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your
help.
Peter Barnes
Tyler