[texbirds] RAPTOR SIGHTINGS IN PEARLAND

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:25:57 -0400

This week, while out riding my trike, or driving locally, I have seen or heard
the following raptors:

1)  A beautiful adult white morph Swainson's hawk flying low yesterday over
Highway a 35 and Cty Road 101 (near the Pearland HS).

2)  Big mother of an adult female Cooper's Hawk seen in my neighborhood near
Cty. Road 101 and FM 1128

3)  Heard only, an E.Screech Owl flying across my street at 8 PM last night.
It was moving fairly fast, as it gave the typical adult call and trill. It must
have been looking some thing?

4)   An juvenile raptor of unknown species (a drive by) perched on a sign near
the intersection of FM 1128 and Magnolia St.  At first I thought it maybe a
juvie Red-shouldered, but it's posture was not what I expected it to be.  I
went by later, but could not re-find it.

Mira M. Pellerin