[texbirds] Re: Quiz bird

  • From: John Tharp <jlt290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 21:48:50 +0000

So since Brush is getting so many replies it's making his head spin and I
enjoy warblers I'm going to play this game publicly (already passed on my
thoughts to him)....
The bird in the photo exhibits eye-arcs, weak dark eye line, a drab
greenish-yellow color to the whole body, a brighter yellow under tail, an
all dark thin pointy bill and the body structure of a warbler making
it.....an Orange-crowned Warbler.

If anyone can actually prove to me that it's anything other than an
Orange-crowned Warbler I'll personally bake you a cake....

Good Birding,

John Tharp
Houston, TX