[texbirds] Quintana Section of the Freeport CBC: A Call for Counters

  • From: Adam Wood <birdsondabrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:52:14 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hi, my name is Adam Wood and I = am once again heading up the effort in the
Quintana Section of the Freeport= CBC this year and I am looking for
additional counters to help me cover th= e area. This area includes:
  * The Jetty, where a good pelagic bird is always a possibility to go with=
the usual Surf Scoters and Northern Gannets,
  * The Neotropical Bird Sanctuary where a good lingering neotropical migra=
nt warbler is sometimes found or an extralimital Groove-billed Ani,
  * The base of the jetty has been good a turning up an odd gull or two lik=
e Great Black-backed and Glaucous in recent years with a potential for Thay=
er's or California Gulls,
  * There are also lots of water impounds that always hold a good variety o=
f ducks and grebes including a Horned or two.

So if I have peaked your interest and this area sounds interes= ting to you
Ihope some of you all can make the count this year as it promi= ses to be a
good one. The date of the count is Sunday, December 21, 2014 an= d the plan
will be to meet at the Quintana Neotropical Bird Sanctuary at 7:= 00 AM and
break into teams from there. If you need directions on how to get= there
please let me know and I will provide them to you. If anybody has an= y
questions please let me know. Please respond to this email if you plan to=
participate in this area this year. So I may keep track of how many counte=
rs I have. Thank you.

Adam Wood
birdsondabrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=
713-515-1692