[texbirds] Quintana Pewee

  • From: Greg Lavaty <greglavaty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 21:24:45 -0700 (PDT)

Joanne Kamo and I had a nice day of birding starting out at Lafitteâs Cove
where we quickly were treated to great views of the Red-naped Sapsucker.
I also saw a female Black-throated Blue briefly at the water feature.
In the afternoon we visited the Neotropical Bird Sanctuary at Quintana
where we found Adam Wood and Janet Rathjen who had staked out
what we believe to be the pewee that Ron Weeks described
yesterday. I took several of the photos of the bird during our visit, which
I have posted at my Pbase site. Janet and Adam heard what they believe to be
a Western Wood-Pewee vocalization coming from the direction of the bird though
they didnât actually see the bird make the sounds.

Photos of the bird can be viewed here:
http://www.pbase.com/dadas115/new

Any thoughts on the birdâs ID are appreciated.

Greg Lavaty
http://www.texastargetbirds.com/
Sugar Land, TXÂÂÂ