[texbirds] Quinta Mazatlan bird walk

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:54:20 -0600

Hello all,
I was joined by about 24 birders for my regular Tuesday morning bird walk
(8:30-10:00). We had a great time looking Long-billed Thrasher,
Clay-colored Thrush, and our ever-present Great Kiskadees at the
amphitheater feeding station. Later on in the walk the group got good looks
at a female Summer Tanager in the trees around the Bat Lawn. We finished on
a bright note by getting distant, but clear, views of a male Vermilion
Flycatcher over the McAllen Country Club golf course. Full list below.

Quinta Mazatlan WBC (LTC 063), Hidalgo, US-TX
Mar 5, 2013 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.6 mile(s)
30 species