[texbirds] Quinta Mazatlan Bird Sightings

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:28:48 -0600

Hello Texbirders,
Here's the list of the bird sightings at Quinta Mazatlan this week. Just
this morning I refound the Western Tanager female that was originally seen
back in January, it was just outside the WBC doors along Hummingbird Lane.
Summer Tanager is still present as well. Green Jays, Clay-colored
Thrushes, and Olive Sparrows have all been easy to see (the thrushes are
going crazy over a fruiting anacua off the bat lawn), along with singing
Long-billed Thrashers. Lots of resident birds starting to get active!

Side note: tomorrow is the second to last birding tour of the McAllen
Nature Center of the season - check out our website for more info (
www.quintamazatlan.com).

American Wigeon

Plain Chachalaca
Ring-necked Duck