[texbirds] Questions regarding Sprague's Pipit

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 18:57:52 -0600

Greetings All:
I was out in my backyard clearing some broken tree limbs from my back porch
when I heard what sounded exactly, to me, like a Sprague's Pipit - giving
the short flight calls - fly over.

I went in and confirmed that the call matched up at the Cornell song and
call site.

Question 1) Do Sprague's Pipits call during nocturnal flight?

Question 2) What else could I have heard?

Some background information: we do get a fair number of Sprague's Pipit
records in the region during fall migration.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson, Lubbock