[texbirds] Re: Question about Peregrine Falcons and Bull Bats

  • From: "Paul D. and Georgean Z. Kyle" <DWA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mljt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 21:23:11 -0500

Jane and All,

"Bull Bat" is definitely slang for a Nighthawk.  Like Swifts, Nighthawks are
often mistaken for bats.  However, probably because of their size,
Nighthawks have been called "Bull" bats.

Best Regards,

Paul and Georgean Kyle
Project Directors
Driftwood Wildlife Association

Sanctuary Stewards
Travis Audubon's Chaetura Canyon Sanctuary

Please visit our web site:
www.ChimneySwifts.org

We support Conservation Through Birding
www.TravisAudubon.org