[texbirds] Question about Peregrine Falcons and Bull Bats

  • From: "Tillman, Jane F" <mljt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 01:07:55 +0000

Do Peregrine Falcons nest in any of our Texas cities? I was looking at the All
About Birds website and it shows them as summer/breeding into central Texas.
Since we have had a Peregrine Falcon on the UT Tower, and then a second one was
reported there, it got me wondering.

Also, can anyone tell me the origin of the term Bull Bat? I always thought
this referred to the Common Nighthawk, but had a person tell me today he
thought it referred to a smaller bird, like a swift.

Thanks.

Jane Tillman
Austin