[texbirds] Re: Question Black-capped Vireo status and numbers

  • From: "Robert White" <dmarc-noreply-modpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "glqman@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "jtillman@xxxxxxxxxx" <jtillman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:07:06 +0000 (UTC)

Jane - You're probably at Cima while I'm am typing this, but...
The first time I spotted Golden-Cheeked Warblers there was near the corral at
the upper camp (Horseshoe Bend).  It was high in some oaks just to the west of
the pens.  Two years ago we were there earlier - maybe the third week in June
- and they were singing in several places, but the most seemed to be along the
road to the campsites near the rifle range.
I've looked and listened but never seen or heard a Black-capped Vireo on the
property.  Also, I've never seen a GCWA at the River Camp, which I understand
sustained enough damage that they cancelled the summer program there this year.
Bob WhiteSpring, TX