[texbirds] Re: Proposal to Ban Revealing Nest Locations in TEXBIRDS

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:47:47 -0500

David,

I’m in favor except in instances in which such nests are visible from a point
at which the birds will not be disturbed. Two examples come to mind. First, the
bald eagle nest viewable from Hwy. 29 near Llano. The birds are not disturbed
by numerous observers along the highway. Second, the bald eagle nest viewable
from Big Webberville Park near Austin. It is on private property and across a
large field, really requiring a scope for decent views. But I have never seen
anyone attempt to wander far into that field or anywhere near the birds. I
can’t see the harm in giving that nest location and instructions on vantage
point for best viewing from the park.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632