[texbirds] Re: Proposal to Ban Revealing Nest Locations in TEXBIRD

  • From: "Charles W. Easley" <cwebirds@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:03:18 -0500

The problem is that when you voice or e-mail your concerns to Texbirds,
there are those who get down right mad and nasty at your opinions.
In the 1960's thru the 1980's we had no area bird police, now we have
regional ones who are always out in front to institute new rules, etc.
I personally am glad that I birded the Rio Grande Valley in those days and
met the likes of Neva Benn, Cruz Martinez, Wayne Shifflett, and
other fine birders.  But going to the valley now?  I just hope that I don’t
see some of the bird police that live down there. I am sure there will
be many different views on this thread, but for me, I choose to keep the
location of a nest secret.  Real birders will follow the lead and the
suggestion of David on this idea.  David may not have made up his mind, but
the consensus of the e-mails are clear to understand. By the way
our local newspaper just published an article on the two (2) adult  and (2)
imm American Bald Eagles now living on Lake Pat Cleburne, they are
doing fine.  So as David said,"some nest locations can be revealed," without
doing harm to the species.

Thanks David for your hard work and leadership on Texbirds

Charles Easley
Cleburne, Texas 76031