[texbirds] Prairie Falcon on Pattison Road, south of Hebert; more Mannikin, Orange-cheeked Waxbill and Common Merganser photos

  • From: paul sellin <pjsellin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:38:38 -0800 (PST)

Texbirders,

A Prairie Falcon flew in front of our car while driving north on Pattison Road,
this afternoon, 12-Jan-14.  We were just south of Hebert Road (north of
Brookshire). Steve, thanks for heads on your trip on the area.  We did see
hundreds of Pintails near 362 at Morrison Road.

A couple of photos of the Prairie Falcon and other birds north of Brookshire
are at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43703131@N05/sets/72157639704945175/

I got some dark photos of the female Common Merganser at sunset on Saturday,
11-Jan-14 (not 10-Jan-14 per embed info), which I'll leave up for a while at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43703131@N05/sets/72157639711553714/

Deloris took some photos of the Nutmeg Mannikins in three stages of plumage and
an Orange-cheeked Waxbill on 8-Jan-14 at Buffalo Run Park:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43703131@N05/sets/7215763966384

Please click on photos to read further descriptions with each photo.
Paul Sellin
SW Houston