[texbirds] Re: Prairie Chickens in Houston area late 60's early 70's

  • From: Joseph Kennedy <josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: James Barnes <txbarnowl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 13:45:37 -0600

In the early 80's there were a last few chickens near warren lake on Jack
Road. And there is a big area to the west out toward Pennick with no access
and good habitat even today.
The last birds I heard were coming out of Harper's Church Road. Stopped on
a paved road and there was a downhill slope to the east and north but no
road going straight and chickens were dancing out there. Never saw them but
they were loud and well heard.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 1:29 PM, James Barnes <txbarnowl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,
Do any of you old timers in the Houston area remember a location close to
Houston on someone's farm which had a lek in their back yard?

I remember going to someone's house with my Dad and sitting in the kitchen
watching the PC's boom and dance.

Just curious.

Thanks!

--