[texbirds] Possible least bittern at Mueller Lake Austin

  • From: Mollie Kloepper <mkloepper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds post <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:36:26 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

At Mueller Lake Park, Austin, I have been hearing something calling in an area with heavy lake side water plants. This has been going on frequently in the evening (7-9 PM). The location is in the part of the pond nearest to Zach Scott St. on the side away from Airport Blvd. The sounds to me sound like the recordings I have located for a Least Bittern.

By the way, I do not have any recordings of the sound or a way to make a good recording.

Mollie Kloepper
Austin, TX
Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds