[texbirds] Re: Possible Groove-billed Ani in Tarrant, not Parker County

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jjones4fwas@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:17:43 -0600

Well how cool is that! Nice Christmas treat. Grace's Warbler and a GBAN,
holiday travelers.
Brush Freeman
Senior Wildlife Biologist/Partner. Bio-Spatial Services Inc, TXESA,
Independent consulting.
www.biospatialservices.com <http://www.biospatialsevices.com>
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 9:38 AM, JimJones-FWAS <jjones4fwas@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The Grooved-billed Ani has been confirmed this morning in Aledo, Tarrant
County. (Michael made an error in his subject line.)
Greg Cook called me to say he spotted and photographed the bird this
morning. However, the homeowner asked Greg to not 'publicly' broadcast
their
address. They are willing to allow a few birders access via their property,
but not continuous visitors.

The location is next to a fairway on Lost Creek Golf Course. I plan to
speak
to the course manager about access from the fairway, but I expect they also
won't tolerate a large group or frequent visitors even though we mean well.
I will let people know what the course manager says after I speak to him.

Hopefully, the Ani will stay for a while. We are expecting a storm front
Saturday evening with flash flooding possible. Then possible snow flurries
Sunday evening and more seasonable weather all of next week.

Jim Jones
Ft Worth Audubon, Bedford, TX