[texbirds] Possible Common Merganser at Galveston Island State Park

  • From: Bob White <bobwhitebsacbc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 09:31:08 -0600

It was in Jenkins Bayou just beyond the end of the road past the observation
deck. Merganser bill, red head with clear border all the way around neck,
separating it from the top of the breast, which was white on the front. Near
end of body it had a white line angled up towards me the back, but not
well-defined. Head was redder than any female Hooded Mergansers I've ever seen.

If anyone is in the area, please take a look and tell me I was wrong.

Bob White
Spring, TXEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at