[texbirds] Port O'Connor...Whew! what was the best find?

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:33:51 -0500

*************************************************************************************************************
  Birded all day virtually non-stop except to come home to hit the john and
put out 2-3 pounds of oranges that the Baltimores went thru in no time
flat...The back yard has dozens of BAORs etc.  Wirded in part with Petra,
Suzanne, Larry Mertz, John Maresh and Matt Stern...Sensory overload...After
about 500+ catbirds and Baltimore Orioles I am caught up for the year.   I
don't as usual post a long list of bids because I am to lazy, but will get
them into Ebird....I expect a lot of flags being raised there due to high
numbers....Warblers were here in good diversity but not number...Everything
else judt gripping out of the trees.....A lot of highlights but I am only
going to post a few here followed by personal best for this location
Cape May warbler 2
Lazuli Bunting 3-4
Bobolinks 80-100
Black-billed Cuckoo 1
Gray-cheeked Thrush 3 ( we had all the thrush , including a very late
Hermit, in numbers well over 100)
FOY Least Flycatcher
Swainson's, Cerulean, Golden-winged and  Blackpoll Warblers

But the bestest bird of the entire day for me was a singing Lesser
Goldfinch....An extremely rare find for Port O'Connor....What an amazing
day..I am dizzy with birds in my head...Will tomorrow be as good?..who
knows?

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/