[texbirds] Port O'Connor...Saturday

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:29:48 -0500

"fallout" which was not as great as I anticipated but still with a lot of
diversity...In POC we usually have smaller passerines dropping out as soon
as they hit Matagorda Island which past history has shown they do.  I can
only imagine what the birding there would have been like today especially
over there in the north "cedars" (salt cedar and toothache trees) given
what was in town.  The only real surprise was a Hammond's Flycatcher....I
have photos but want to review them myself before posting them to convince
myself of the ID....Another rarity was a single calling Bobwhite.
  As the winds lessen, the island birds will make their way the short
distance over to town, if nothing else, for food and freshwater.  Lots of
shorebirds at Boggy and people shooting guns at human silhouette
targets...."Paranoia runs deep,. Into your heart it will creep"

Brush

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell