[texbirds] Port O'Connor late afternoon/evening

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:45:28 -0500

  Petra Hockey I hit the streets under cloudy skies and all I can say it is
a very good fallout event..One never knows in the spring if it might not be
the last.  I am not going to post a long list of migrants as I don't really
see the point (plus I am to lazy), but suffice it to say it is darn good
right now and we saw many birds coming in from the gulf.  We had several
waves of Eastern Kingbirds, some large, and lots of small passerines, ....
buntings and grosbeaks scattered all over over the areas we visited..Saw
quite a few warblers in flight but did not scour the woods for them.
  The winds have died down significantly...to near almost a near calm (<8
mph) so I do not know if the birds will linger much longer, especially if
it turns south as expected

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell