[texbirds] Port O'Connor evening

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:49:51 -0500

I tried to fish this afternoon even against a howling wind...No luck so hit
a few migrant "gauges" in town for migrants where it was still very windy.
To be sure there were migrants as always in those our "honey holes", but
nothing impressive, new really both in variety or numbers.  A flock of
about 90 Cattle Egrets did come in to the front beach but did not linger
and several flocks of Blue-winged Teal and shorebirds could be seen coming
in low over the bay.  My spot checks were brief and I only walked about for
about 35-40 minutes...It was not as good as this morning.   Looks like the
UTC has the wrap on fallout birds.  Had a steady wind of about 25 mph from
the S/SE

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell