[texbirds] Pomarine Jaeger and Surf Scoter at Bolivar

  • From: Greg Page <gregpage1465@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 18:16:41 -0500

Annette and I had great luck with the Jaeger and Scoter today and was able
to get close photos. When we were about to give up on the Jaeger on the
beach by High Island I turned for one last look and there it was less then
50 feet from us.
Here is a photo of it eating a fish.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/18296679986/in/dateposted-public/
Annette and I then went for the Scoter on the jetty on 17th street at
Bolivar. I was scanning the water, then Annette spotted it on the beach
very close to us.
Here is a photo of it flapping its wings. The wings look very bad so it
could be there a while.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/18296433536/in/dateposted-public/

Here is a photo of it standing on the beach.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpage/18323049195/in/dateposted-public/

We talked to a fisherman that said the Scoter had been there for about a
month.

Greg Page
Houston