[texbirds] Re: Pollywog Ponds: Nueces County

  • From: Jim Sinclair <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Judy Kestner <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:05:32 -0500

Heh!  On the other hand I know of no dictionary that does not include both
spellings.  Additionally, the etymology of the word could easily justify
the 'y' ;-)
(See?  I can use smilies if I feel sufficient need!)

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Judy Kestner <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On behalf of my friend and Audubon Outdoor Club newsletter editor, Kathy
> Griffith, the correct spelling of this location (and creature) is
> "polliwog," no matter what it says on the sign at the entrance!
>
> The end.
>
> Judy Kestner
> Corpus Christi

Jim Sinclair (TX-ESA)
TOS Life Member
Kingsville, TX

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein