[texbirds] Pollywog Pond today

  • From: <pfoster1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 22:54:39 +0000

Greetings fellow blessed birders!

Stopped in at Pollywog Pond for a "few minutes".  Three hours later I had
tallied 18 Warbler species.  But that number doesn't tell the entire story.  I
know I am preaching to the choir, but there were dozens upon dozens of Indigo
Buntings, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Scarlet Tanagers and Painted Buntings
swirling around me on the paths.  I also had a migrating group of Common
Nighthawks pass over me, which I've never seen before.  My time there was truly
a religious experience.  And then I went home, sat outside for two hours, and
tallied 19 species of warbler.

Susan Foster
Rockport
Aransas County