[texbirds] Re: Pollywog Pond highlights including warbling vireo, solitary sandpiper and downy woodpecker

  • From: "Arlie Cooksey" <cooksey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidttrue@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:30:24 -0600

I hope locals can do a good search for the Warbling Vireo, as it would be
an unprecedented winter record. The AOU Checklist only shows casual winter
records for S. California and S. Arizona, and I would imagine those are
swainsonii
western birds. So there is no accepted winter record in the US for eastern
WAVI.

Brown-capped Vireo is a resident as far north as southern Tamaulipas, but
has
never occurred in the U.S. as far as I know.  I don't know if it has any
seasonal movements.

Mel Cooksey
Corpus Christi