[texbirds] Re: Piratic Flycatcher seen by Kevin Smith

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 22:11:54 -0500

Texbirders,
The Piratic Flycatcher was seen today at a private residence in west
Houston off Fry Rd and north of Mason Creek. I will try in that area in
the morning and send along info as to yea/nay. The person who found the
bird in his backyard said the bird had flown. Photos of the bird were
obtained and can be viewed on facebook Texas Chase birds. Thanks to Eric
Carpenter for the alert. From Texas Chase Birds "John Berner and Drew
Dickert looked in the vicinity for about 45 minutes started at 6.30pm with
no luck. It might be a needle in a haystack, but I would hope west Houston
area birders could give it a little more coverage tomorrow.
Dennis
On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Howdy Texbirders,
Does anyone have solid directions to the area in which the bird was last
seen? Fry Rd. @ Mason Creek.
Thanks
Dennis
--