[texbirds] Pictures from Anahuac NWR and the Galveston CBC

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:43:17 -0500 (EST)

The first 3 pictures here were from the Anahuac NWR area on Sunday 12./15
and the Am Bittern was from the corner of FM 1985 and Pear Orchard Rd in
Chambers Co.  There were 7 Bronze Cowbirds at the entrance building there.  We
made this trip from via Fairview rd to FM 1945 to FM 1985 and I believe I
counted 12 Red-tailed Hawks either flying or sitting on poles. Inside the
refuge  there were at least 6 more. There were two Krider's one in the refuge
and one up  on Fairview and one lone very dark bird with a pale tail that
was just to far to  get any details on also on Fairview.

The last 3 pictures were from the Galveston CBC 12/17/13. If you don't look
 at anything but the Gadwall pictures check it out because I believe it is
a  Gadwall X Mallard cross. It has a perfect white ring around it's neck
right  where it should be on a Mallard. This duck was in the pond that is under
the 4  way bridge that goes to Pelican Island and by the rail road tracks.

http://smu.gs/1bQCzvh

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County